Thursday 26 April 2012

Nigeria: Don Jazzy Still Silent After D'Banj's Allegation of Betrayal

Culled from Vanguard

It is now more than three days since D'banj gave that explosive interview that has gone viral on the internet. D'banj allegedly accused Don Jazzy of betraying his trust and abandoning him (D'banj) when he needed him the most. What is however worrying is the silence that has sifted out of Don Jazzy's camp. According to investigations so far, Don Jazzy is yet to react to the interview that had D'banj literally spilling his guts in a new wave of revelations on a bitter feud that had raged terribly for months before Mo'Hits came crashing down. D'banj in this interview he granted Nigeria Entertainment Today NET stated "My mistake was thinking that we were one. People don't question their brothers and sisters" D'banj continued "I ran Mohits for nine years, I already had plans of how we could blow Mohits up. I had plans of expanding, and most especially, bringing hope to that 11 year-old kid somewhere in Africa who may never have had the opportunity to get signed to major labels'. Relevant Links D'Banj, Don Jazzy Face-Off - Dr Sid Takes Sides Wande Coal, D'Prince Slam D'Banj D'Banj Signs With Mercury Records UK D'Banj, Don Jazzy Saga - Wande Coal Withdraws Tweet? Don Jazzy Moves On With His Flock - Takes Dr Sid, d'Prince, Wande Coal to South Africa 'So it was not really just about me. There's a big market in Africa. I said to them, 'I've sold millions of records in Africa, we've done millions of hits with CRBT, and I've run the most successful label on the continent. You take care of the US, but let me take you to Africa. Don Jazzy was no longer comfortable. You know, we were like fishes out of water, in this new system, starting all over again, like when we returned home in 2004. I got him a place in the US, set up a studio there, just so he'd be comfortable and be able to work without going to hang around the studios. In one year Jazzy did not make a song. I said, maybe you want to go back to Lagos, you'll get inspiration there?' I was all about the work, I wanted us to make this happen, so we can bridge that gap and create a path for Africa. But Jazzy wanted us to go back home. And I understand. He's my friend, my brother'. 'But I never expected him to do what he did.' He said to me in July last year 'Let's scatter Mohits. He told me there are two captains - two captains cannot be in a ship. I was like 'that's not possible, this is a marriage'. He said 'then this marriage is no longer working'. Industry watchers say even though Don Jazzy's pages on social networking site Twitter and Facebook remain silent on the matter, it is very likely the ace producer has seen this interview and perhaps steaming up to reveal his own version of the crisis in a similar troubling interview that should spew more secrets between these two men. Since Don Jazzy officially announced the break up of Mo'hits last month, their fans had been literally torn in half; each side rooting for the estranged celebrity of their choice. However with publicity hot on the heels of this interview with D'banj which has unveiled new issues on the lingering feud, a lot of fans are now undecided. With both sides (D'banj and Don Jazzy) not yet admitting to any wrong doing, many are beginning to fear we may never know what really happened, who determinedly whipped up this storm with all it's ugly elements that succeeded in blowing a once solid Mo'Hits into shreds, away. Share your thoughts.

vanguard

No comments:

Post a Comment