Wednesday 15 August 2012

23-yr old Fabrice Muamba RETIRES from SOCCER!


Bolton Wanderers have announced that Fabrice Muamba has retired from football.

The 23-year-old suffered a cardiac arrest after collapsing on the pitch during Bolton’s FA Cup sixth-round match with Tottenham last season. Medics rushed onto the pitch to try and resuscitate the midfielder, who was later rushed to hospital.

In a statement on the club’s official website he said: “Since suffering my heart attack and being discharged from hospital, I have remained utterly positive in the belief I could one day resume my playing career and play for Bolton Wanderers once again.

“As part of my on-going recovery, last week I travelled to Belgium to seek further medical advice from a leading cardiologist.

“But the news I received was obviously not what I had hoped it would be and it means I am now announcing my retirement from professional football.”

News Source: www.goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment